Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Indescribable


Katie is so repetitive when speaking about broad topics, that I feel like I am being extremely repetitive trying to explain it to you. But, it doesn't matter, because I am going to keep reminding you and drilling you with these central truths in Katie's eyes.

The first couple of months and on into the first year in Uganda, Katie continuously questions her ability to take on such an impossible task at such an early age. Her first thoughts are, “God reminded me how beautiful we all are to Him, after all, we were created in His own image, and He looks at me, at you, in all our sweat and dirt and brokenness, and says, "I choose you. You are beautiful.” The Katie Davis from Nashville, Tennessee was getting settled in to her new life. In the beginning, Katie was scared and questioning God's judgement. But, by the end of her story, she is putting her complete faith in Him and saying things more like “Jesus wrecked my life, shattered it to pieces, and put it back together more beautifully," and “I am blown away that my God, who could do this all by Himself, would choose to let me be a little part of it.” Katie is not only thankful for her new life in Uganda, she is overwhelmed with the thought that God chose her to make such an impact in so many people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment