Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Valued Wealth

“I put value in things. These children, having no things, put value in God. I put my trust in relationships; these children, having already seen relationships fail, put their trust in the Lord.”

When trying to find a picture to accurately compare Katie's life in America and Katie's life in Uganda, I came across this image. I chose this image because I thought that it accurately presented the relationship between the wealthy American society and the poverished third-world Uganda. The caption is a direct quote from the book that speaks so much truth. When Katie is thrown into a life of the unknown, she is forced to put all her faith in God. But, when she returns home, it is 'harder to rely on God for everything when you can hop in your car and go to the grocery store for anything you need. ' People may argue that America is the most advanced  society, but is it this wealth and power that is corrupting our nation?

No comments:

Post a Comment